Periodontics is the dental specialty focusing exclusively in the inflammatory disease that destroys the gums and other supporting structures around the teeth. Your teeth are not just pieces of enamel stuck in your jaw. They are part of a very complex structure of bone, soft tissue, blood vessels, and nerves. This structure that surrounds and supports your teeth is called the periodontium.
Here in GYA dental Center we have experts in the latest techniques for diagnosing and treating periodontal disease. They are also trained in cosmetic periodontal procedures.
Just a few of the services offered by our family dentists are:
- Root planing (the cleaning of infected root surfaces),
- Root surface debridement (the removal of damaged tissue),
- Regenerative procedures (the reversal of lost bone and tissue).
- Surgical procedures for patients with severe gum disease.
- Placement, maintenance and repair of dental implants.